T H E C H U R C H W I T H A H E A R T
Trinity Assembly arose out of the Pentecostal revival movement of the last century. In its early days, Trinity was pastored by Reverend John McCambridge, a radio pastor on old station WJSV.
1935 - Reverend H. A. Nunley and the congregation become affiliated with the Assemblies of God. They would later move from the building at 505 L Street to a new property at 916 F Street N. E. Washington, D.C.
1950 - Pastor Nunley then led the growing congregation to the 12th and Rhode Island Avenue, N.E. address.
1966 - The church purchased land at 6705 Good Luck Road to construct a new church building. During this period of transition, the Reverend Frank C. Mays was called to the pastor the Assembly. During his tenure, Trinity was able to fully pay for the building of the beautiful church edifice located there.
1976 - About 50 members of the congregation began a new church in the neighboring city of Bowie, sending their youth pastor, Reverend Ken Burtram, to guide this nucleus which is now a flourishing congregation.
1976 - Reverend William K. Ferguson began pastoring at Trinity Assembly of God.
1978 - The congregation purchased approximately 22 acres of land at 7800 Good Luck Road.
1986 - Construction of the gym and Sunday school rooms was completed. The gym was used as the sanctuary.
1991 - Pastor Ferguson broke ground for the new sanctuary.
1992 - The Trinity family moved into the lovely, spacious Phase II sanctuary.
2006 -Trinity was able to make their final final mortgage payment on the facility.
Today, God has graciously entrusted our Trinity family with a large, debt-free facility only 7 miles from Washington, DC. Now our greatest work is yet to come. We wish to be Christís witness to our community through outreach and to our world through missions. In this process, we have become an INTERNATIONAL church with members from five continents and more than twenty-five nations.